Automatic Bank Draft
The Automatic Bank Draft program saves you time and money by doing the work of paying your monthly utility bill on time for you. It's also free and you can elect to discontinue the program at any time.
Once you enroll, your bank or savings account is drafted for the amount of your monthly utility bill. You will continue to receive your bill each month, and the date the funds will be withdrawn is noted on the bill.
Enrollment is quick and easy:
- Print out a copy of the Automatic Bank Draft Form (PDF)
- Complete the enrollment form and send it with a voided check or bank letter verifying the account and transit routing number to us at:
Customer Service Payment Center
City of Garland
P.O. Box 461508
Garland, TX 75046-1508
If you are already an Automatic Bank Draft customer and need to change your bank or bank account number, please call us at 972-205-2491 to let us know when to cancel the existing draft. To set up the new draft, please follow the two "Enrollment" steps listed.
If you wish to discontinue the draft or are moving and do not want your final bill drafted, please call 972-205-2491 to make the request.
Check if your financial institution will charge any related fees.
Your Garland utility account needs to have a zero balance, and you will need a checking or savings account to participate in the Automatic Bank Draft program.
- What are the benefits of being on Automatic Bank Draft?
- Who can sign up for Automatic Bank Draft?
- How much is the fee to be on Automatic Bank Draft?
- When will my Automatic Bank Draft start?
- Will I continue to receive a bill?
- How will I know when the money will be taken out of my account?
- Can I select the date to have my payment taken out of my account?
- What if I don't have money in my account on the draft date?
- Can I specify how much you can draft from my account?
- What if I change financial institutions (bank, savings and loan, credit union)?
- Can I pay from my savings or credit union account rather than a checking account?
- What if I move to another address in Garland?
- The utility account is not in my name. Can I still pay from my bank account?
- What if I have more than one utility account?
- Can I continue to contribute to the Provide Aid in Dollars (P.A.I.D.) Program?